Provenance is a record that describes the people, institutions, entities, and activities involved in producing, influencing, or delivering a piece of data or a thing. In particular, the provenance of information is crucial in deciding whether information is to be trusted, how it should be integrated with other diverse information sources, and how to give credit to its originators when reusing it. In an open and inclusive environment such as the Web, where users find information that is often contradictory or questionable, provenance can help those users to make trust judgements.
PROV is a set of W3C specifications defining a model, corresponding serializations and other supporting definitions to enable the inter-operable interchange of provenance information in heterogeneous environments such as the Web.
- ProvToolbox Tutorial 1: Creating and Saving a PROV Document. https://lucmoreau.wordpress.com/2014/08/01/provtoolbox-tutorial-1-creating-and-saving-a-prov-document/
- ProvToolbox Tutorial 2: Reading, Converting and Saving PROV Documents. https://lucmoreau.wordpress.com/2015/07/05/provtoolbox-tutorial-2-reading-converting-and-saving-prov-documents/
- ProvToolbox Tutorial 3: Merging PROV Documents. https://lucmoreau.wordpress.com/2015/07/27/provtoolbox-tutorial-3-merging-prov-documents/
- ProvToolbox Tutorial 4: Templates for Provenance (part 1). https://lucmoreau.wordpress.com/2015/07/30/provtoolbox-tutorial-4-templates-for-provenance-part-1/
- ProvToolbox Tutorial 4: Templates for Provenance (part 2). https://lucmoreau.wordpress.com/2015/08/03/provtoolbox-tutorial-4-templates-for-provenance-part-2/
- PROV-Template: A Quick Start. https://lucmoreau.wordpress.com/2017/03/30/prov-template-a-quick-start/
- Qualified Names
- What is in ProvToolbox 0.7.3?
- What is in ProvToolbox 0.7.2?
- What is in ProvToolbox 0.7.1?
- What is in ProvToolbox 0.7.0?
- What is in ProvToolbox 0.6.2?
- What is in ProvToolbox 0.6.1?
- What is in ProvToolbox 0.6.0?
- What is in ProvToolbox 0.5.0?
- What is in ProvToolbox 0.4.0?
Building from source: https://github.com/lucmoreau/ProvToolbox/wiki/Installation#2-building-from-source
- Trung Dong Huynh: JSON subpackage.
- Mike Jewell: JSON subpackage validation, RDF Conversion
- Amir Sezavar Keshavarz: JSON subpackage.
- Jamal A. Hussein: prov-generator
- Danius Michaelides: prov-template, prov-interop